Details & info
SSAtool is a Max4Live utility device that introduces pseudo-automation in the realm of Ableton Live’s Session View.
SELECT SCENE [numberbox]
Scene range is always equal to the number of scenes currently in the Live Set indexed from 1 to total number of Scenes
- In Live we can rearrange the order of Scenes, so in order to assist the user, SSAtool creates a comment box which displays the selected Scene’s name (if any), colour (if any) and tempo change (if any). If there’s no name provided, SSAtool displays “<empty>” .
SELECT MODE [dropdown]
Toggle between Remote Off/Remote On
- We can remotely turn off or turn on a device
SELECT TARGET [dropdown]
- If there are no other effects on the Track/Group, SSAtool populates the dropdown menu with “NONE” and “init” – this indicates that there are no other devices than SSAtool on given track
- If there is only 1 other device than SSAttol on the Track/Group, the dropdown menu is populated with “NONE” and the other device name
- If there are multiple other devices on the Track/Group, SSAtool populates the dropdown menu with the names of the devices in sequence as they are placed on the chain. Replacing the order of the devices on chain re-populates the menu accordingly
SSAtool never populates the dropdown menu with an option resembling itself so the device can’t map to self by accident.